29 x 2.25 Hutchinson Taipan Tyre
( Click to Enlarge )
The Taipan is unlike any other Hutchinson tyre, starting completely from scratch the idea was to create a unique all-around performing XC tire that would excel in a variety of conditions.
Traditional MTB tyre design is terrain or condition limited, aimed for either dry or muddy, rocky or wet specific. The Taipan spans all these conditions through its unique tread and knob design. Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet. Raised geometric ridges between the knobs grab onto roots and smaller rocks when you need traction between knob contact. The rolling contact patch also has 3mm high knobs that deliver a perfect mix of tread with low rolling resistance.
The Taipan also features specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee that when you grab a handful of brake lever, something predictable happens.
This tyre is available in two variants, the Tubeless Ready model features a folding bead design with a Hardskin 2x66 TPI casing and weighs in at 905 grams, while the Tube Type model features a wire bead design with a 33 TPI casing and weighs in at 750 grams.
- Size: 29 x 2.25
- Excels in a variety of conditions; dry/muddy, rocky/wet
- Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet
- Raised geometric ridges between the knobs grab onto roots and smaller rocks
- Rolling contact patch has 3mm high knobs that deliver tread with low rolling resistance
- Specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee braking performance
- Tubeless Ready with Hardskin Protection and Folding Bead 2x66 TPI Casing (905g)
- Tube Type with Wire Bead 33 TPI Casing (750g)