Loctite 290 Medium Strength Wicking Grade Threadlocker
Loctite 290 is a medium strength thread locking adhesive ideal for the locking and sealing of preassembled fasteners. Because of its low viscosity and capillary action, Loctite 290 wicks between engaged threads removing the need for disassembly before applying. The product cures when confined between close fitting metal surfaces in the absence of air, preventing loosening and leakage due to shock or vibration. Loctite 290 can also be used to fill porosity in welds, castings, and powdered metal parts.
Available in a 10ml bottle with an applicator nozzle.
- Ideal for locking preassembled fasteners
- Works on metal only
- Proven to be tolerant of minor contamination from motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Stops vibration loosening of fasteners
- Prevents thread corrosion
- Seals porosity in welds, castings, and powder metal parts
- Permits disassembly with hand tools
- Available in a 10ml bottle with applicator nozzle